The CAN/LIN Communications Module (CAN/LIN-5/5) is an intelligent instrument which uses its own on-board processor to send/receive/compare Controller Area Network (CAN) and Local Interconnect Network (LIN) messages. This approach reduces software load on the external computer.
- CAN profiles consist of up to 500 message clusters consisting of transmit messages, expected receive messages, and qualification parameters
- Failures are defined as received messages that do not meet qualification parameters. They are detected by the CAN/LIN-5/5 and notification is sent to the host PC
- CAN supports up to 5 repetitive (keep alive) messages
- CAN also has a manual mode which allows single messages to be sent. A follow up command allows the received message to be obtained. All channels can be selected simultaneously or individually for manual message transmission.
- Onboard system monitor keeps track of instrument temperature and voltages
- Profile parameters can be created off-site by included software.
- All 5 CAN channels and all 5 LIN channels can operate simultaneously
- Ethernet Interface and Built-In Web Server
Number of Channels: 5 CAN and 5 LIN
CAN Interface Types: High speed(125K-1M), Fault tolerant (low speed)(<=125K), Single Wire(33.3K, 83.3K); ISO 11898, 11519-2, J2411; standard and extended messages
CAN Baud Rates: All standard rates supported (33.3K, 83.3K, 125K, 250K, 500K, 1M)
CAN Messages/Profile: 500
CAN Repetitive (Keep Alive) Messages: 5 (No Triggers Needed)
CAN Repetitive Message Maximum Rate: 10/sec
CAN External Trigger: Message transmission is initiated by trigger; all channels controlled by one common trig; software timing also supported (no external triggers needed)
CAN External Trigger Maximum Rate: Up to 100/sec (Depends Upon Baud Rate)
LIN Interface: Slave Node
LIN Interface: Supports Version 1.3 and 2.0 Bus Standards
LIN baud Rates: All Standard Rates Supported