Thermotron Industries is seeking a Controller to become an integral part of our leadership team! You will oversee financial activities, personnel, and performance metrics, as well as identify areas for improvement and increased efficiency.
Who we are:
Thermotron is North America’s premier manufacturer of environmental test systems. Thermotron test chambers, vibration test systems and functional test solutions help the world’s finest companies improve the reliability and dependability of their products, insuring they survive and operate throughout a wide range of harsh environmental conditions. You will find our recognized brand name, commitment to core competencies, and diverse assortment of products and markets provides an engaging work environment and offers stability with room for personal and career development.
- Overseeing and coordinating all division financial activities and personnel.
- Setting controls and budgets to mitigate risk and increase return on investments.
- Standardize and maintain a system of accounting records and techniques.
- Aligning “best practice” Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to the needs of our corporate office and their reporting structure.
- Conducting internal audits to assess financial status.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Serving as primary contact for external auditors.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial reports and management of departmental budgets.
- Supervision of all accounts payable/receivables and payroll processes in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Oversee various incentive programs, including sales, service and production bonuses.
- Support additional operational activities such as phone systems, receptionist.
- Coordinate miscellaneous IT support with corporate IT department, by supervising the work of a Software Programming/Reporting Analyst, and Network Administrator/Help Desk.
- Previous experience in accounting management or other related finance fields
- Fundamental knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
- Prior manufacturing experience
- 5+ years managing an accounting staff with strong coaching, performance management, and team building experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to embrace and influence change to align with business needs
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with financial analysis management course work. A CPA/CMA designation and/or a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in supervisory and management techniques with exposure to coaching, participative management and team building is a plus.
Thermotron Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all protected categories applicable by law.