PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to continuously grow revenue and profits through building service sales volume. Actively and continuously involved in preventive maintenance contracts, retrofits, extended warranties, installations, start-up, relocation packages, and general service. Service functions include performing quality installations, startups, troubleshooting, maintenance, construction, repair, modifications, overhauls, retrofits, calibration, inspection and servicing of Thermotron products and like competitor products. Must develop strong relationships with customers by acting in a highly responsive and professional manner to meet customer needs.
Senior Service Technicians will have several years of technical experience relating to Thermotron products or applicable equivalent experience. When fully utilized the individual is responsible to assist the Regional Manager identifies, train and assist expansion personnel to further grow the territory.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively sells service work by contacting customers to solicit work. Explaining benefits to Thermotron refrigeration and controller retrofits, preventative maintenance contracts and general service work. Responsible for maintaining utilization rate at a minimum of the company average.
- Develops territory to maximum capacity/utilization as an individual. Works with the company management to expand territory with additional personnel.
- Contacts customers to coordinate the installation, start-up and repair and maintenance of products at the customer’s location. Conducts training programs on the operation and maintenance of Thermotron products. Assigns priorities and schedules work for themselves and others.
- Utilizing blueprints and schematics, troubleshoots, repairs and calibrates various operating systems of a refrigeration, electronics, and electrical or electro-mechanical nature.
- Establishes maintains and cultivates a positive relationship with customers. Maintains an overview of customer satisfaction and reports potentially sensitive accounts to management.
- Operates a variety of hand tools, power tools, and test instruments to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains calibration records and follows procedures to have instrument recalibrate when required.
- Orders replacement parts and manages inventory supplies of the replacement parts at lowest dollar value possible. Follows procedures to complete periodic inventory counts and returns warranty or excess parts to the home office.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all policies and procedures as they relate to warranty, maintenance and service.
- Valid Driver’s License required to drive service vehicles.
- SECONDARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Informs regional office and home office of trends in competitor activities within assigned territory.
- Maintains vehicle logs, maintenance schedules, reports etc., as required.
- Provides assistance and or training to Field Service Technicians in other territories and assists engineers to solve difficult or complex problems.
- Performs other functions as required by management.
- Maintains and improves knowledge of Thermotron’s products and their applications and operation. Recommends improved method, procedures and practices so as to achieve cost reduction and reduce maintenance intervals.
- Prepares routine reports and maintains personal work activity records as required.
Thermotron Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all protected categories under applicable law.