. Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to Human Resource Department Administration. Duties require judgement, tact, and initiative to make decisions and resolve problems within the limits of pre-established policies and procedures.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains all departmental files including active employee records, terminated employee files, employees’ benefits records, and general administrative files.
- Implements and processes all paperwork for personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence, retirements, and terminations.
- Maintains records and logs, as necessary, for administration of company benefits programs including the medical plans, salary administration programs, EEO compliance, employee relations problems, employment programs, and prepare various reports for management.
- Completes medical billing for Thermotron Medical and Optional Life Plans.
- Administers reimbursement programs; i.e. log, send and balance account information.
- Initiate the COBRA notifications, calculate payments, record and follow-up on status for all eligible personnel.
- Answers employee questions regarding health insurance policy and procedure.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties for the department staff using Word, Excel, and Power Point. Most of this work requires access to confidential data such as employee payroll, discipline records or medical information.
- Maintains ongoing departmental reports and creates specialized reports as needed.
- Maintains the employee data and wage data in proper system for merit reviews
- Administers the 401K benefit program for the division.
- Administers the company safety glass program.
- Coordinates a variety of employee relation’s programs such as company service awards program, other special events, and employee discounts.
SECONDARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Plant Employee Relations Specialist and Training Coordinator as needed.
- Assists with maintaining the general safety supplies.
- May assist with conducting employee orientation meetings with new hires.
- May coordinate the plant employee uniform program in absence of the Manufacturing Assistant.
Thermotron Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all protected categories under applicable law.