PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compile and report market segment performance, important customer data and competitors’ activities and compare these results with historical performance.
• Gather and evaluate data from a wide variety of sources to identify new sales and market segment opportunities and compare expected results with current performance.
• Make sure sales people are targeting prospects that offer Thermotron growth opportunities and positive sales trends.
• Develop sales forecast for existing and new sales territories based upon results of research. Recommend potential new territories and/or territory boundary changes to improve coverage. May also recommend specific sales goals and action plans within specific territories to improve performance.
• Develop and maintain a library of competitive intelligence to be used as a resource for making market-driven decisions and to help train sales people to more effectively sell against competition.
• Assist International Sales Managers to implement and track a targeting effort designed to help sell key customers and canvass prospects for new customer business.
• Monitor performance of product lines, report changes, trends and opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a tracking system that documents the source of inquiries generated and how each inquiry relates to quotes and orders.
• Conduct special projects and research in support of sales, such as, customer and competitor surveys.
• Travel to remote field locations to participate in research efforts, sales blitzes and training meetings.
Thermotron is an equal opportunity employer for all protected categories under applicable law.