Work at Thermotron is challenging and never includes assembly line production. We offer on-the-job training and encourage job growth and advancement. We also pride ourselves on being a family friendly and employee driven company.
The purpose of this position is to work from prints and routings to produce standardized metal products for use throughout our manufacturing facility in the production of environmental test chambers.
Primary skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to work from drawings, layouts, templates, bills of material and production orders
- Able to input specific parameters to create a program
- Use prescribed methods and techniques and knowledge of standards, able to set up and operate sheet metal fabricating machines, i.e. shear, brakes, roll formers, trumpf punch, nibbling shear, beader, drills, etc., to cut, trim, form, fold shape, and otherwise prepare parts and sections for assembly
- Use scale, square dividers, calipers, straight edge to set-up and operate machines and to check work for dimension and configuration
- Follow safety protocols
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience using sheet metal machinery preferred
Thermotron manufactures environmental simulation test equipment and has been in business for more than 50 years. Thermotron serves more than 30 industries, including aerospace, electronics, defense, telecommunications, and automotive. The majority of Fortune 500 tech companies use Thermotron equipment to improve reliability and ensure their products will operate in extreme environments such as hot and cold temperatures, humidity, altitude, rain, dust, and vibration.
Thermotron is an equal opportunity employer for all protected categories under applicable law.