This position supports our Regional Service Managers and Field Service Engineers to promptly and effectively serve customer needs. This position will develop and maintain files and systems specific to the Product Support Department. This position will involve direct interface with customers, sales staff and field service personnel. This position will assist the Field Service staff in the scheduling of service and the general office functions within the each region.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish, update and communicate the daily FSE work schedule with all Regional offices and management through daily telephone and fax communication with the Field Service Engineers.
- Organize and coordinate FSE customer visits, where needed.
- Coordinate and set up customer and management travel when needed.
- Complete pre-visit coordination with customer when needed.
- Communicate schedules, define means of payment, secure purchase orders, credit card information, if required, or pre-payment prior to FSE’s visits.
- Maintain and distribute customer credit status reports. Work directly with customers and FSE’s to identify and resolve service related issues leading to delinquent payments or customer dissatisfaction.
- Maintain Service Report and Expense logs. Monitor prompt customer billing and payment of FSE’s expenses. Notify managers of any concerns or problems with these issues.
- Coordinate marketing programs, direct mail programs, customer letters, and phone contact, new customer contact program and Site survey program. Track and report success ratios and results.
- Organize and maintain Preventative Maintenance program records. Notify FSE’s of prevention maintenance due dates, track FSE work dates. Notify the Regional Management of FSE and non-compliance. Notify FSE and Manager of PM expiration dates. Prepare new PM quotes and agreements.
- Prepare quotes and correspondence as decided by Regional Managers. Maintain these records appropriately.
- Set up and maintain customer correspondence and activity files for the region. Customer files include all necessary information required to effectively communicate with each customer. At minimum each file must contain contact names, phone numbers, fax numbers and equipment lists. All PSO related quotes (Active and inactive) should be held in these files for quick access.
- Take Customer calls, accurately recording the information, i.e. names, phone numbers, addresses, model and serial number, type of problem or service requested. Many times this will involve requesting a purchase order and checking credit status.
Thermotron Industries is an “Equal Opportunity Employer” for all protected categories under applicable law.