The purpose of this job is to handle customer and Field Service Engineers’ inquiries via telephone regarding orders, parts, and other information. Duties require some judgment and initiative to make decisions within the limits of pre-established policies and procedures using tact and judgment on the telephone. Work to assist with training new employees. This position will work under the direction of the supervisor in the Parts and Logistics department.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer and Field Service Engineers inquiries via telephone regarding pricing, warranty, availability of parts, adjustments, applications, complaints, quotations, and general information.
- Enter sales order data into the computer upon receipt of the customer’s requirements. Identify original order and confirming order when received by mail; follow established procedures for each.
- Prepares daily order reports.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Is responsible for working with international representatives and customers
SECONDARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches source documents and/or Engineering for parts identifications.
- Follows up on parts orders.
- Maintains inventory of field warehouses to include inventory control decisions.
- Issues Return Material Tags (RMT’s) or Return Materials Authorization (RMA’s) to customers and Field Service Engineers, including logging data necessary for vendor credit, prepares request for credit for accounting, follow up on RMT return shipments. Coordinates with Purchasing and Warehouse personnel.
- Follows up on all Drop Ship items for proof of receipt by customer.
- Prepares documents for international shipments.
- Researches and quotes specially manufactured parts.
- Performs typing, filing, message taking, and handles Product Support Department message center if necessary.